I am off to cross country camp tomorrow to be a counselor (AHH, first time), but wanted to blog before going off to get eaten alive by mosquitoes, run trails for a straight week (my idea of heaven) at altitude, playing countless games of volleyball and four-square, eating countless Yami yogurts (omg so good), and hanging out with some of the coolest camp staff, other counselors, and campers out there! SO EXCITED.
Anyway, here are a few things I’ve been thinking about lately and wanted to share. Welcome to the life and mind of Gabby, haha … I think? Thanks to my fellow blogger Brittany for the idea! Check out her blog if you have a chance & want to meet one awesome, Northwest adventuring, coffee loving, and fun gal. :-)
Here goes nothing.
- I haven’t made a homemade blackberry pie this summer (yet).
- There are 6 pairs of Asics Gel Cumulus in my house right now … & they’re all the same model.
- Lately I’ve been listening to the Christmas radio station (98.5 FM for any of you local readers). Nothing better than rocking out to Jingle Bells in mid-July, am I right?!?!
- One time I was sitting on traffic because of construction far ahead of me, so I jumped out of the car and moved the cones from the next lane so I could get by & take a different route to cut in front of the long traffic line. Gotta love living on the edge!! … Well, okay, so maybe I wasn’t driving, but I was still there, and it was intense (you know who you are & see? I didn’t even mention the cone incident …).
- I am SO nervous to be a running camp counselor next week at White Pass. It was great to be a camper for 3 years, just worried I won’t be fun or exciting enough as a leader. Still, can’t wait!!
- In a month I fly back to school. Goodbye Northwest and hello Atlanta! I guess the confession part is that I’m sad about leaving home so soon.
- I’m 19 and still have 0 cavities. *knock on wood with the hand that’s not flossing*
- Most of these blog posts take me multiple days to write
and obsess overbefore finally publishing them.
- Yesterday was my first time going geocaching. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s basically an online community that shares a treasure map of hidden caches, and when you find them, you can sign your name! More to it than that, but such and adventure and they’re EVERYWHERE.
- This week I’ve overslept TWICE. Can I just tell you that it’s the absolute worst way to begin your day? Ughghgh. Maybe this is my body trying to tell me that it’s exhausted? … just maybe.
- Because I read an article about Shalane Flanagan, my ice bathes are always 13 minutes (just like she does, of course. She’s done okay in the running world somehow! Definitely because of the recovery.). Oh, & I usually use two full 5 gallon buckets of ice. Brrrrr.
- After most of my long runs, I like to just lay down in the middle of the road … But actually (sorry Mom). HAHAHA sounds dangerous, but when you live in a cul de sac neighborhood like I do, and finish long runs after 8 pm, there’s never any danger other than the local kids riding their bikes or a stray cat coming to say hi. Puuuurfect way to take a break, if you ask me.
- Lately I’ve been obsessing over Kacey Musgraves’ new album Pageant Material … & I don’t even like country music that much!?! Her lyrics are just so catchy and creative.
- I keep a daily running log on Flotrack (Coacher’s orders), an actual written version, and a normal journal each & every day.
- Everytime I go to Portland, I wish I lived closer. Such a (weird) fun city.
- This isn’t my only blog.
- My mom & I have nicknames for most of the guys on the Bachelorette and I (not so secretly anymore) am an avid weekly fan of the show. No shame. Well, maybe a little, but I realize that the show is so far from reality that it’s entertaining. Cheers to you,
Not sure how much of a” confession” post this is, but another blogger I follow posted one awhile ago & I just had to see how it would go! Nothing in my life is too secret; I like to think I’m one of those “if you have a question, just ask” types of people. Maybe, maybe not. Either way, here’s a sneak peek into the life of Gabby. The only thing left on my part yet to expose is that 18 confessions stands for 18 days, of both July AND as a countdown! More to come on that, though. ;-)
Until next time,