An 11 hour nap and some chicken.

What better thing to do after 6 long hours at a track meet and babysitting afterwards, than a relaxing Sunday full of good food and doing absolutely nothing. Well I don’t know about you, but that’s how I’ve  spent my Sunday, and it has been perfectly perfect. It’s weekends like these that when Monday morning rolls around I’m left questioning where my weekend went and am begging for another day to sleep in. That loss of sleep just pushes me to complete the week because as soon as I do … I get to sleep in and relish the experience of waking up after the sun rises! Ah, the joys of being a busy teenager. * WARNING: If you’ve made it this far in reading through my blog, know that I’ve had a good day. When I do … my blogs end up being super long and drawn out. Kind of like this one is! So read on … if you have time. ;-) *

So I know I mentioned how nervous I was for my track meet without some of my main supporters being there, but the meet ended up going pretty well. Not the best, but somewhere to start! Getting ready, the nerves had begun to set in, but after a phone call and “good luck” texts from the boys, I was feeling a little more relaxed and started to get more and more excited the closer we got to the meet. Stretching after we got off the bus, I ran (not literally … but almost!) into a few friends that I’ve made through previous years in track and cross country from other schools. Catching up with other distance runners is the best! Seriously, you should become friends with some. No matter how long it’s been since you’ve seen or talked to them, they’re just as friendly as when you left them! It’s great. The whole group of distance runners, most of them do cross country too, in my district are like a family. Everyone congratulates one another and even though there’s some fierce competition within the group, you don’t see it until the race starts. I go the chance to talk to most of the people from cross country that I didn’t realize I had missed so much until I got the chance to talk to them again. on Saturday and ah! I love track season. :-)

Woohoo! Washington state! :-)

After my 3200m earlier in the day (in the cold and windy, but dry conditions!) and just getting done with a stormy 1600m, I was done for the day. Luckily, the coaches hadn’t put together a 4x400m relay for the meet, so as I finished my cooldown I was able to look forward to putting on dry clothes and eating lunch. A late lunch as it was already 2:30, but a lunch at that. The day passed watching my fellow distance team mates race their 800m and watching the boys’ 3200m wondering how my boys would’ve done if they had been there. From the final times on Saturday, I’m sure they would’ve placed. Yeah. My boys are really that good. Maybe I’m being a little biased here, but I know that if they had been at the meet Saturday, that they would’ve done awesome.

Once the meet was over, we packed up the tent, and those that had been abandoned by theirr parents wRight through the heart! And looking happy about it? Crazy kid. ;-)ho had left the meet earlier *cough*  hopped back on the bus. The little over an hour bus ride went by quickly as my friends and I talked about things from brown cows making chocolate milk, how to french braid your own bangs, and even about a crush two of us have on one of the runners. He’s from a school in our district and had raced really well at the meet. As soon as I got home, I power showered, grabbed leftovers from the fridge, and ran across the street where I got babysit for a few hours. My little charge, Leland, is almost 3 and really kind of a crazy kid. I love him. He’s so much fun to hangout with! We played swords, built towers, ate cookies, watched Jeopardy (it was his choice ;-), and I was lucky enough to get the chance to change a diaper. As soon as I got home, and responded to texts from the boys asking about how the meet had gone, as well as figuring out how they did, I crashed. I seriously don’t even remember climbing into bed I was that tired.

This morning I woke up to the sounds of the coffee maker and the clock reading a much better time than 6:02 like usual. I had totaled 11 hours of sleep. Some people say too much sleep makes you tired, but oh well. 11 is a glorious number of hours no matter who you are. I personally believe, and will defend the idea, that you can never get enough sleep! I was determined to make today as lazy as possible so after a wonderful breakfast (thanks Mom!) I looked up baking recipes online and decided to work my magic. Not to mention that I had gotten a new camera as an early birthday present from my grandparents that I wanted to try out. These are the result of an hour of my hard work …


Mmmm, chicken. That’s what you’re thinking right? Well sorry, but no. These are Homemade Apple Turnovers, fresh out of the oven. One of them had trouble getting off the pan by itself and had to be saved my the clean-up crew known as “my mouth,” but other than that, my first time making turnover went well. As with my other baking creations, if you would like the recipe to these, just let me know! They came out super flaky and yummy. :-) A definite good way to end my busy weekend with such a lazy day and be able to enjoy the comfort of my pajamas all day. On to another hectic week full of more homework, more running (another track meet!), more driving, less sleep, but overall … another exciting week of my crazy life! As for the track meet this weekend and my thoughts on how it went? I felt strong, relaxed, and am ready to work even harder to improve. Besides training and plenty of support, I’m sure that 11 hours of sleep and maybe some chicken turnovers will help me along they way. What do you think? ;-)

Until next time,



3 thoughts on “An 11 hour nap and some chicken.

  1. OMG…cherish the hours of rest while you are young. Once you get married and start having children, your rest times are few and far between. That being said, I made my 3-year old lie down with me to take her nap, which resulted in both of us taking a 2.5 hour nap together! :) I have three kids and work full-time so, needless to say, I am always tired. Thank heavens my husband helps out or I don’t know what I would do.

    • Wow! Sounds like you are super busy! For all the right reasons of course. :-) At least you have help from your husband and are able to sneak in nap time with your kids. Even though we both seem to be busy bees, I wouldn’t change it for the world. I love all the activities I have going on and they make the few down days I get just that much more enjoyable. :-)

  2. Pingback: A berry good recovery. « fRustUratiNg

What'd you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s